A blog dedicated to the daily life of a man named Jude aka Bissell and his thoughts on anything under the Sun.

Saturday, September 24, 2005

A Weekend Away

This past week has been one interesting week indeed. I changed my major, dropped a class, got a job, joined the REAL facebook (woot), bombed a quiz, aced a test, and most importantly found the Father again. It's been a week of high and lows. The highest would have to be Spiritual Renewal Week with Dr. Richard Allen Farmer. He reminded me of what I knew all along. God cares, God's there, and God hears us. (You can listen to this amazing man at http://www.taylor.edu/experience/chapel.htm) Seeing the bliss he was living in reminded me of the "good ol' days" living every breath with God right there. When he would speak of the overflowing love you experience with Jesus, it made me cry tears of joy since I knew exactly what he was talking about. There is truly nothing that can compare to the love of the Almighty. There is no other way to know what I'm talking about unless you've been there. It's a lot like love itself, there is no way you can capture the feelings you experience in any amount of words. Once you've experienced the absolute peace and freedom that Christ can bring to your life (and even my messed up life), everything else pales in comparison and you'll never be able to find satisfaction in your life ever again. This is what I've been living for several months now...horrible, painful emptiness. I had no purpose, no love, no faith in the God that had delivered me from my troubles so many times before. This rebirth of my soul has brought me immesurable peace during these times of pure chaos. All is as God wills it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home