A blog dedicated to the daily life of a man named Jude aka Bissell and his thoughts on anything under the Sun.

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Don't Speak Too Fast

He listens. After pouring my heart out to God Friday night and feeling completely worthless all Saturday, I get an IM from Emily. At first I felt almost insulted. Why come down here and not even speak to me then invite me upstairs in less than a day? But I figured I needed the company and headed on upstairs only to find a completely abandoned room. So that was Kick-in-the-balls part 2. I came back down defeated but thought I'd leave her a note that I was there so I went back up, left the note, then decided to walk down the hall to see if anyone else was around. Right when I'm about to walk right off the floor I hear her say my name. We went back to her room and hung out for a little bit till I suggested Starbucks, so we went (and I had the best thing ever aka Strawberry Frap). After just chilling there for awhile, we went over to Walmart and the whole time I didn't feel depressed, in fact I was truly happy. God knew what I wanted so bad, someone to spend time with and not feel like I'm worthless. After going to Walmart we came back and she still wanted to hang out so we watched a couple Nooma vids which reminded me of the blessing from God I was receiving that very moment. Rob Bell asked, "Do you truly believe that He is good?" Before last night, I would have to honestly say that God was cruel in watching my suffering and not doing anything about it, but in fact He wanted to bring me closer to Him. He knew that the only thing that could do that was to force me to REALLY talk to Him and secondly to give me what I've been praying for. Praise God. Even if it was just that one night, that's ok. I know I'm where He wants me now and that alone is enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home